TecRoot warrants that all products that are sold in the online store “www.tecroot.lk” are original products and guarantees the authenticity of products and that there is no such variation from the published description of products, as indicated and displayed in the online store, and by the respective manufacturer for the product. If you find any malfunction or faults with the products that you have purchased from us, you may claim for the repair or replacement if it is under unexpired warranty. Please see below for more information on our warranty policy.
TecRoot will handle the warranty claim if you have purchased a product under the TecRoot Standard Limited Warranty policy. We offer repairs in most cases, but will provide a product replacement during severe instances where repairs are deemed insufficient.
The warranty period commences from the delivery date of the order and will continue for the following specified period of time after that date, unless mentioned otherwise by TecRoot prior to or upon purchase:
|Audio Devices||6 Months *|
|Gaming Consoles||1 Year *|
|Gaming Controllers & Retro Consoles||14 Days *|
* Terms and conditions apply. Duration of the warranty period may vary by type of product and will be mentioned in the product description page.
Manufacturing defects hindering ordinary functionality of device as intended by the manufacturer.
Warranty for product will be considered invalid for:
- defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress;
- scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by the manufacturer;
- defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on a touch screen;
- equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible;
- ordinary wear and tear, including battery degradation;
- defects or damage resulting from the use of Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by the manufacturer;
- defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by manufacturer, including but not limited to installation of unauthorized software and unauthorized root access, both of which shall void this limited warranty;
- defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source;
- defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product.
This Standard Limited Warranty does not cover any battery if:
- the battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by the manufacturer for charging the battery;
- any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering; or
- the battery has been used in equipment other than the manufacturer’s device for which it is specified.
- Warranty period is mentioned either in the warranty card, invoice or in the description of the respective product.
- If the product is found to be faulty within 7 days of purchase, it will be eligible for immediate replacement provided that no misuse or tampering of the product is found.
- Customer should bring in the product for warranty claims to the TecRoot showroom or courier it for further inspection. (Please note, you will be responsible for all return shipping charges and we strongly recommend that you use a trackable method to mail your return)
- Upon inspection of the product, TecRoot will decide if the defect is covered under the warranty policy.
- If the defect is covered under the warranty policy, TecRoot will repair/replace the product free of charge.
- TecRoot may request the customer to visit the store if the product needs to be tested in front of the customer.
- TecRoot requires 7-14 days to inspect and repair/replace the product. If the parts are not available, this time can be extended up to 1 month or longer given the nature of the repair.
- If the defect is not covered under the warranty policy but is still repairable, customer can opt to get it repaired by TecRoot, accepting to pay the relevant repair charges.
- After the product is repaired, or is not covered under the warranty policy, and the customer is notified, the product should be collected within a period of 1 month, or the product will be disposed of, upon notification once more, and acknowledgement by the customer. (Storage period can be extended under special circumstances upon request by the customer)
If you have any questions about this Warranty Policy or want to raise a Warranty Claim, please contact us by filling this contact form